is a black gemstone with a glassy luster, although there are
other types of Obsidian including snowflake obsidian and mahogany
obsidian. As a black gemstone, it symbolizes self control and
resilience. Obsidian is actually volcanic glass. It has been
used since prehistoric times for making tools, masks, weapons,
mirrors and jewelry. It is found in Iceland, Italy, Japan, Wyoming,
Obsidian is simply a stone to be worked with consciously and
with respect. Obsidian is related to the root chakra.
Obsidian Gemstone Meanings - Emotional, Spiritual,
- Obsidian is considered to be a grounding stone.
- Obsidian is the stone of the soft hearted and gentle people
of the world.
- Obsidian is a stern taskmaster which makes its users face
- Obsidian neutralises dense or heavy energy and promotes
calmness and peace.
- Obsidian dispels and protects from negativity.
- Obsidian is considered a magical tool for divination.
- Obsidian has protective energies.
- Obsidian cuts to the heart of the matter.
- Obsidian helps get in touch with buried issues before they
Obsidian Gemstone Meanings - Healing, Medical, Physical,
- Obsidian is good for the intestines.
- Obsidian helps to protect the very sensitive against depression.
- Obsidian sharpens and focuses internal and external vision.
- Obsidian can help rid one of bacterial or viral infections.
- Use obsidian to help block negativity of any kind.
- Obsidian benefits the stomach.
- Obsidian helps muscle tissue.
Mahogany Obsidian (aka-mountain obsidian)
Is a deep red brown gemstone with black specks or swirls that
can put the wearer at ease with their sensuality. To read more
about Mahogany Obsidian - Click
Snowflake Obsidian (aka-flowering obsidian)
Is a dark gray to black with light gray patches or sphere within.
It is said to assist one with logic and clarity. To read more
about Snowflake Obsidian - Click